It’s that time of year again…Spring Clean Up; Window washing, clearing the yard of winter’s remnants and dusting off the grill. AND it’s also nearing Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day doesn’t need to equate to presents. The gift of presence is SO much more valuable. Consider all the special women in your life – it may be your Mom, an Aunt, a dear neighbor…give of yourself to show how much you appreciate them.
Here are some suggestions for Mother’s Day on a budget:
• Offer to help clean up the yard or wash the windows.
• Bake a cake and delight your honoree. You don’t have to be a master baker, there are box mixes that can be easy to use and easy on the pocket book.
• Find a favorite photograph and frame it. It captures a special moment that will bring joy every time she looks at it.
• A plant for in the house – or one for outside. If you watch the stores there are great bargains this time of year.
• Offer to cook a meal. They’d be thrilled – even if you used their pantry! (Personal opinion of course).
• Make a card. Sound corny? Remind you of grade school? Believe me – no matter the age, a personal card is heartwarming
Whatever you do to acknowledge her – coming from the heart is priceless.